You will need
- 6 chicken breasts - skinless and boneless
- 1 pineapple - peeled and cut up in chunks
- 1 Large onion
For the marinade:
- 2 Tbs thick soy
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 3 Tbs olive oil
For the basting sauce:
- 2 Tbs golden syrup or honey
- 1 Thumb-size piece of ginger - grated
- 2 Tsp thick soy
- A little lemon or lime juice
- A pinch of salt
Mix together all the ingredients for the basting sauce.
In the morning, cut the chicken in big chunks and place in a plastic bag together with all the marinade ingredients.
Make a knot in the bag and keep in the fridge for as long as you can.
To make the kebabs, simply alternate pieces of chicken, pineapple and onion onto kebab sticks and you are ready.
Place on medium coals on a grid. Allow to braai for about 5 minutes, before you start basting.
Turn the kebabs, keep on basting until they are cooked, golden brown and sticky.