We respect your privacy and take the protection of your personal information very seriously. We will be transparent about how and why we use your data. Your authorised personal details are held securely and in strict confidence in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA)
By reading the policy, you agree to our terms.
The policy applies to information that we collect about you when you use:
- Our website
- Order or request the goods or services we provide
- Our other Automatic products, services, and features that are available on or through our websites (for example, WordPress.com plans, contact forms)
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We only collect personal information from our customers under the following circumstances:
- To provide a service
- To communicate with you
- Or to make our service better
We collect your information from three sources:
- Automatically when you visit our website
- On filling out our Contact Us Form
It excludes the following:
- Non-personal statistical
- Public information
The information that we collect:
- Identifying information, such as your name and surname, identification number of any kind
- Contact information such as email address, phone number
- Demographic information such as gender, marital status
- Data about online browser history such as length of visit, returning users, geographic origin, page visits
- Your feedback, requests, complaints, questions or interactions such as messages, chats, social media posts, email or phone calls
- Sensitive personal information
- Demographic information such as race/ethnicity
Please Note: This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Your obligations- You may only send us:
- Your own personal information
- Someone else’s personal information if you have their permission to do so
4. USAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We gather and use your personal data for a variety of reasons, including:
- Providing service and support to you:
- We will use your data to:
- Manage our contractual relationship with you
- Your use of the website
- After-sales support
- Your participation in competitions
- We may have to use your data for administrative purposes connected to our contractual relationship with you such as:
- Safety & security,
- Maintenance & systems testing
- Your personal data will be used to reply to requests sent through our website forms or other channels
- Marketing purposes if you have given permission to our doing so:
- We will use your data to better understand your interests. The data will enable us to ensure we have a personalised approach in our communication.
- Create targeted content: while on the website, we may display targeted adverts and other relevant information based on your personal information and match it to adverts or related information. We never share personal information with any advertisers.
- Disclosure: We may share your personal information with other divisions or companies within the group to which we belong, to provide services like registration, customer support, etc.
- Analytical purposes to create a tailored customer experience and re-targeting: Your data will enable tailored services and offers to your needs and preferences to provide you with a personalised customer experience. We will do this by analysing your behaviours or interests (who did what and when), for example:
- Number of visits to our website
- Location information, based on IP address calculates the number of people who visited the site from a certain geographical area.
- Most viewed products
- Pages accessed on our website
- Time spent per page
- Content engaged with/read
- Social media interaction
- We will use your data to:
Disclosure – sharing your information: We share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy. These are spelled out below.
- Internal divisions & employees:
- We may share your personal information with other divisions within the Group to which we belong to provide services like customer support etc.
- We may need to disclose personal information to our employees so that they can do their jobs in order to provide services, but will not be done unnecessarily.
- Third-Party Vendors:
- We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to us,
- Or to provide their services to you or your site. This includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you.
- Cloud storage services,
- Customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you,
- Registrars, registries, data escrow services that allow us to provide domain registration services,
- Legal objectives: We may need to process some of your data to fulfil our legal obligations and other obligations arising from instructions received from regulators or law enforcement.
- By subpoena or court order
- To comply with any law
- To protect the safety of any individual or the general public and
- To prevent violation of our customer relationship terms
- No Selling: We will not sell personal information
- Marketing purposes:
- We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
- Change of Ownership:
- If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity.
- We will disclose the transfer on the website.
- If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We monitor our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
Our website will be hosted in a secure server environment with a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent outside attackers from interfering with or accessing it.
We use organisational, technical and administrative security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your personal data. Whilst we cannot guarantee any of these events will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
We authorise access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We will implement disaster recovery procedures where appropriate and necessary.
We shall notify the appropriate Regulator including you if we have reasonable grounds to think that an unauthorized third party has accessed your personal information, and if required by law.
If the law requires us to inform you, we will give you enough information to allow you to take precautions against the breach's potential repercussions.
- You may ask us to provide you with a description of the personal information that we hold of you, correct it, update it or delete it (provided that we do not need it to fulfil our obligations to you or applicable law does not require us to keep it).
- We will take all reasonable steps to verify your identity before doing so. We may charge a fee to recoup our costs associated with this request if there is a cost to us associated with it and provided that applicable law allows us to do so.
- Please contact us with your name and any other information needed to identify you correctly if you want access to information or want us to correct, update or delete it.
7. ACCURATE AND UP TO DATE
- We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy.
- Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before making any corrections to your personal information.
Please keep your personal information accurate and up to date by emailing us, or by phoning us.
8. REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION
Your personal information may be used to fulfil our commitments to you. We may send you administrative notifications and website updates through email.
We may want to send you information about new products or services in which we believe you would be interested in.
This implies that we may send you promotional communications in some situations.
Where permitted by law, we may use your information to send you administrative messages and email updates about the website, as well as for marketing reasons.
9. COOKIES AND BROWSER
When you visit our website, a cookie is a little piece of data (typically in the form of a text file) that is stored on your device.
These files do not include personal information, but they do contain a unique identifier that allows us to link your personal information to a specific device, allowing us to "remember" user behaviour by recognizing your browser and monitoring mobility. Cookies are saved on your computer's local hard disk or in your browser.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated.
If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website and our goods or services. If you continue to use the website or our goods or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
We ensure that we review the privacy notice regularly.
Privacy Notice last updated on 24 May April 2022.
You have the option of correcting or updating the personal information you've provided to us. To get your details updated, you can contact us with your needs and we will amend and remove were needed.
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.