For the Dough
- 750ml Wheat flour
- 5ml Salt
- 250ml ice-cold Water
- 5ml Fresh lemon juice
For the Filling
- 15ml Vegetable oil
- 300g Beef mince
- 1 Onion, chopped finely
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Green chilli, seeded and chopped finely
- 3ml Ground ginger
- 3ml Garam masala
- 5ml Ground cumin
- 2ml Turmeric
- 10ml fresh coriander leaves, chopped finely
- 1ml Salt, to taste
- 1ml Ground black pepper, to taste
- 750ml Cooking oil for deep-frying
- 30ml Cooking oil for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- For the Dough: In a large bowl, sift the flour and salt together. Combine the water and lemon juice in a separate bowl and add to dry ingredients. Knead lightly using your hands to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces by first rolling each piece between your palms and then into 12 flat discs. The discs should be about 10 cm in diameter.
- Lightly brush oil and sprinkle a little flour on both sides of 6 discs and place them on top of each other.
- Place the dough onto a greased baking tray and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- For the Filling: In your LK’s Cast Iron Skillet, heat oil and fry mince until it changes colour. Add the onion, garlic and chilli and sauté for a few minutes. Add the spices, coriander and seasoning and fry for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- To assemble: Cut each baked disc into three 6 x 30 cm strips. In your left hand, hold a strip of pastry, pull the bottom corners across and fold it up to form a triangle with sharp corners and a pocket for the filling. Carefully place about 15 ml filling and continue folding the pastry across the top of the triangle which will seal off the opening. Repeat the process with remaining strips.
- Place the samosas in the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes before frying.
- In your LK’s Wok, heat oil to deep-fry.
Tip: Before deep-frying the samosas, make sure the oil is hot enough or else the samosas will be soggy.
- Gently drop the samosas into the hot oil, turning constantly, until they are golden. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Beef Tacos with Salsa Verde
- Get Your Heat On – The Essential Guide to Controlling the Braai
- Slow Roasted Leg of Lamb
- Sticky Marinated Wings
- Shakshuka on the Braai
- Hot Cross Bun S’mores
- Pork Ribs with Baked potatoes on the braai
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings
- Samp, Beans and Beef
- Chicken Biryani
- Bo-Kaap Bobotie
- Crispy Skillet Fried Potatoes
- Blueberry Skillet Pie
- Braai Burger with Bacon and Caramelized Onion
- Christmas Braai Gift Ideas for Women
- Christmas Brown Bread with Raisins
- Christmas Braai Gift Ideas for Men
- Christmas Braai Gift Ideas for Kids
- LK’s Braai Pie
- Salmon in creamy Spinach and Garlic Butter
- Creamy Shrimp and Pepper Fettuccine Alfredo
- The Best Wines To Pair With Seafood
- Snoek with Apricot Glaze and Fresh Lemon