LK's products you will need:
- 500g White bread flour
- 10g Instant yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Sunflower oil
- 250-300ml water, luke-warm
- Extra flour for dusting
- Butter, jam or cheese, as a side
- In a small mixing bowl, add 50ml of the warm water with the sugar, oil and yeast. Mix and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a larger mixing bowl add salt and flour then pour in the yeast mixture along with half of the warm water.
- Knead together until a smooth dough forms add more water if the dough is too dry, alternatively if the mixture is too wet add a little flour and knead.
Tip: If the dough is too dry, add more water. If the mixture is too wet, sprinkle a little flour and knead until smooth
- Once your dough has formed, put it in a lightly oiled bowl and cover it with a damp cloth or cling wrap.
Tip: Dough rises best in warm temperatures. Your kitchen counter will be fine on a warm day. But in colder weather you can place your dough in a LK’s Large Stainless Steel Oval Casserole and insert it in the oven. To get the oven nice and warm, preheat it to 200 ºC for 2 minutes and turn it off.
- Your dough is ready when it has doubled in size. Place the dough onto a floured surface.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into long rolls and slice into medallions which are an inch in width. Shape into balls and sprinkle with a little flour.
You now have fresh homemade roosterbrood that s ready to be baked on the braai.
- Slightly flatten the dough with the palm of your hand.
- Lightly spray LK’s Non-Stick Grill Spray on your LK’s Patty Grid. Place the grid over low coals for about 15 minutes. Frequently turn until done.
- Serve hot with butter, jam or a cheese of your choice.
Roosterbrood can also be served as a side dish at your next braai!
Rooster Brood For The Braai