LK's Products You'll Need
- 1 kg Oxtail
- 45 ml Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 375 ml Beef stock
- 60 ml Red wine
- 3 Whole garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Tsp. thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 Onions, peeled and pickled
- 3 Celery sticks, chopped
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 12 Baby potatoes
- Over the hot coals, place your LK’s Cast Iron Potjie and add in a dash of oil. Allow to heat for a few minutes.
Alternatively, instead of making this dish on the open fire, you can use your LK’s Bake Pot on the stove.
- In batches, add in the oxtail and brown until golden.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté. Stir occasionally.
- Add in the beef stock, tomato paste, red wine, garlic cloves, bay leaf and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and combine all the ingredients with a stir
- Allow to simmer for about 2 – 3 hours. If required, add in more beef stock until the oxtail is nice and tender, or until preference.
- During the last 20 minutes of cooking; when the oxtail is about to fall off the bone, add in the pickled onions and chopped celery sticks, carrots and the baby potatoes.
- Using a spoon, remove the cloves and bay leaf from the oxtail stew.
- Serve with mixed rice, fresh mash or homemade bread and enjoy!
- Oxtail Stew on the Braai
- Pizza Recipe
- Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Braai Safety Tips
- Biltong Potjie
- Mothers Day Gift Ideas
- Traditional South African Farmhouse Breakfast
- Bacon, Egg and Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- Bacon and Egg Buttermilk Waffle
- Pickled Fish With Spicy Butter Roti
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Roll-up
- How To Use Your LK’s Smoker
- D.I.Y Braai
- Kettle Braai Pizza Ring
- Sweet Potato In The Coals/Fire
Oxtail Stew on the Braai