LK's products you will need
- LK's Non-stick grill spray
- LK's Stainless Steel Snoek Grid
- LK's Silicone Basting Brush
- LK's Cast Iron Sauce Pot
- 2kg Large Snoek
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Lemon, sliced
For the Marinade
- 1 Cup coriander
- ½ Tsp. fish masala
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 Tsp. red chili flakes
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Fish spice, to season
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Salt, to taste
For the Basting Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. apricot jam
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- For the marinade, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and put it aside.
- Prep your LK’s Stainless Steel Snoek Grid by spraying LK’s Non-stick Grill Spray on. This prevents your flaky fish from sticking to your grid.
- Place your snoek on the grid.
- Gently smear a coat of olive oil on the snoek using LK’s Silicone Basting Brush. Do the same with the marinade.
- Cut the onion into large slices and place over the snoek.
- Prepare your basting sauce.
- Braai your snoek for a total of 15 min (12 min skin down and 3 min flesh side down), with the skin side of the snoek facing down the majority of the time. Apply the basting sauce after each turn during the braai process.
- Remove from the braai, let it stand for 5 min, and serve with side dishes!
Tip: Marinade the snoek for about 30 minutes before placing it on the grid.
The snoek will be ready if you insert a fork into the thickest part of the snoek, twist it and it is flaky
- Oxtail Stew on the Braai
- Pizza Recipe
- Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Braai Safety Tips
- Biltong Potjie
- Mothers Day Gift Ideas
- Traditional South African Farmhouse Breakfast
- Bacon, Egg and Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- Bacon and Egg Buttermilk Waffle
- Pickled Fish With Spicy Butter Roti
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Roll-up
- How To Use Your LK’s Smoker
- D.I.Y Braai
- Kettle Braai Pizza Ring
- Sweet Potato In The Coals/Fire
Masala Snoek On The Braai