APPLE CIDER MARINATED PORK RIBS
LK's Products you will need
- 2 kg Pork Ribs
For the Pork Marinade
- 4 cups apple cider vinegar
- Maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Fresh thyme
For the Spice Rub
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Garlic or onion powder, to season
- Paprika and fresh herbs
- For the Marinade, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, thyme and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add the pork ribs and pour the marinade into the ziplock bag. Thoroughly massage the mixed marinade into the pork ribs to ensure the marinade soaks into the ribs.
Tip: Ensure that you remove as much of the air out of the ziplock bag before placing it in the refrigerator. The ribs need to stay sealed in the ziplock bag for a minimum of 8 hours or sealed overnight
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. In the bake pot, line the aluminium foil at the bottom of the bake pot and place it into the oven.
- For the spice rub, whisk together the brown sugar, salt, onion or garlic powder, paprika and fresh herbs in a small bowl.
- Gently remove the pork ribs from the ziplock bag and let any excess marinade run down.
- Apply the dry spice rub mixture on all sides of the pork ribs until it is fully coated with the spice rub.
Tip: Do not be afraid to use your hands to apply the dry mixture in the pork ribs, just remember to use latex or vinyl gloves
- Place the fully marinated pork ribs in the bake pot and allow to bake for 2 hours.
- Once the pork ribs are thoroughly baked, remove the bake pot from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with your favourite dishes
Did you know: Apple cider vinegar makes the pork more tender and pairs well with pork ribs or pork loins. due to its sweet apple infusion flavour
Cider Pork Marinade