There is nothing that screams Saffas more than this traditional South African farmhouse breakfast. From sizzling bacon to juicy boerewors and mushrooms - you name it, we have them on the menu today!
LK's products you will need:
- 2 Boerewors pieces
- 4 Bacon pieces
- 4 Eggs
- Crushed garlic
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated Cheese, to serve.
- 4 Slices of bread
- Heat the stove plate on setting 2 or 3 (medium heat) and place LK’s Frying Pan with Wooden Handle on the stove.
- Grill the boerewors and bacon till medium, and set aside. Place the boerewors and bacon in the LK’s Small Round Casserole to keep warm.
Tip: To ensure the food put aside stays warm, simply preheat the oven to 180ºC and allow to heat up for 10-15 min and switch off. Place the food in the Small Round Casserole and place it in the oven.
- Over medium heat, add a dash of vegetable oil to the pan. Grease LK’s Egg Rings, place in the pan and fry eggs to preference. Add salt and pepper to taste and place in the oven dish.
Note: Ensure that you grill the boerewors and bacon until medium, as the oven will cook it further as you keep it warm. The same for the eggs.
- Add the sliced mushroom to the pan and sauté with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grill the tomatoes and place in the oven tray.
- Remove the Casserole from the oven and plate. Serve food with toasted bread and sprinkle cheese. Enjoy with beverage of your choice!
- Beef Tacos with Salsa Verde
- Get Your Heat On – The Essential Guide to Controlling the Braai
- Slow Roasted Leg of Lamb
- Sticky Marinated Wings
- Shakshuka on the Braai
- Hot Cross Bun S’mores
- Pork Ribs with Baked potatoes on the braai
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings
- Samp, Beans and Beef
- Chicken Biryani
- Bo-Kaap Bobotie
- Crispy Skillet Fried Potatoes
- Blueberry Skillet Pie
Traditional South African Farmhouse Breakfast