Ingredients for No 3 Potjie (serves 16)
- Biltong - 1.5kg
- Mushrooms (tins) - 2
- Sliced Onion - 6
- Tomato Paste (tins) - 2
- Sour Cream 250g - 2
- Pasta Shells - 1kg
- Green Peppers - 2
- Chicken Stock - 4 blocks
- Grated Cheddar Cheese - 500g
- Mixed Green Herbs - 2 teaspoons
- Water (boiling) - 1.5litres
Ingredients for No 6 Potjie (serves 48)
- Biltong - 4.5kg
- Mushrooms (tins) - 6
- Sliced Onion - 18
- Tomato Paste (tins) - 6
- Sour Cream 250g - 6
- Pasta Shells - 3kg
- Green Peppers - 6
- Chicken Stock - 12 blocks
- Grated Cheddar Cheese - 1.5kg
- Mixed Green Herbs - 6 teaspoons
- Water (boiling) - 4.5 litres
- Fry onion until soft, add mushrooms and fry slightly; then add green pepper and fry.
- Make sauce : boiling water, green herbs, chicken stock and tomato paste.
- Add sauce to the pot with the onions, mushrooms and green pepper.
- Add the remaining water & while this is boiling, add the pasta and cook until al-dente.
- Add biltong and sour cream into pot.
- Mix well and add grated cheese to the potjie pot. Stir through as it melts.
- Ready to serve.